In 2022 I hunted more than 20 products on a Product Hunt. I helped established startups with hundreds of users like MarketingMiner and also MVP-stage startups like Nonfik.
Based on this experience, I can tell that not all launches are equal:
- If you are an early-stage startup with almost no user base, finishing in the top 5 of the day will be challenging, but that doesn’t mean you need to wait to launch on Product Hunt. They allow you to relaunch after 6 months if you have new features, so don’t be afraid to make a launch early on. A launch can be highly beneficial even in the MVP stage, as it will allow new users to collect feedback and iterate on your product.
- If you are an established startup with hundreds of users, you can make it to the top 5 of the day by leveraging your user base.
Drawing from this observation, I designed a Product Hunt Action Template, which adapts to your situation. Based on a few questions, the template will assign priorities to each task, so you know where to focus your energy:
You can get the free version of my action template here.
If you want even more insight into the Product Hunt launch, you can purchase the premium version of the template.
The premium version includes:
- A list of the most relevant Product Hunt topics (you can include only 3 topics in your launch, so pick wisely)
- A list of Facebook groups that accept posts about the Product Hunt launch
- Example of copy for social media post
- 2 customs Phantombuster automation to extract data from Product Hunt.
If you need extra help preparing your launch, We offer consulting services starting at $200. Feel free to schedule a call with me to get started.
If you found this article interesting, check my 3 hacks to boost your Product Hunt launch.